At last, I discovered but after 2.5 years! :-(

Today, after 2.5 years of using my dear Cell, the Nokia 6260 - clampshell shaped 'brick' :-), I discovered a super good feature (pretty common requirement though) that can save me good amount of money on every call! :-)
As the saying goes, 'Need is the mother of all inventions', in my case I had the need to see the 'real-time' call duration ie. when the call is in progress, I wanted to see how much time has elapsed. This was and is required coz countless times, indeed, countless times it has happened that I end a call at the every beginning of next minute (1 call rate is calculated for every 60 seconds), means I end a call at 01 second or 02 seconds or 10seconds or 15seconds. After every call, I curse myself was having wasted some money for just this much time where I could have spoken a bit more till 55 or 58 or 59 seconds!! I dont know how much my money has gone to Bharti's kitty just because of this and I hate to the core! :-((
So, I searched on the net and instantly found out the solution for this. In Nokia, this setting is by default DISABLED and hence we need to ENABLE it ourselves - what a crap!! Everybody definitely needs this feature and Nokia has put this optional!
Wish if I would have done this long time back, I would have saved good amount of money as well as I would have spoken more with people! Anyway, Better late than never! :-)

Comments

Anonymous said…
The same thing used to happen to me.... esp when i used to make STDs for hours everyday to Mumbai ;)))
And the solution i found was to go to "Menu--> Call Register --> Call Duration" and the current call duration wud be displayed. Or simpler thing was to ask the better person on the other side ;) to cut the call!!! (it used to be such a difficukt task to cut the call ;)) )
BTW, how do i enable this????
Deeps said…
go to menu -> log -> Call duration -> click on Options -> settings and there u enable 'Show Call Duration' to Yes!! :-)

(Think I had placed the link that guides these steps but now I see that I have forgotten to put! - Thanks!)
Anonymous said…
I even did not think about it.. I will definitely set up this feature in my nokia. thanks.

Popular posts from this blog

Kalale after 7 years and Unbelievable Bangalore-Mysore Highway!

Recap of 2010 & the Fresh 2011...

A Unique Experience In My Life...