A Unique Experience In My Life...

I will word this as my unique experience in my life because I had never undergone this stuff earlier in my 28 years of journey called Life and I never want this to happen again in my life...I dont want this to happen to any one else also... Feb 14th will be etched in my book of life for two unique reasons - one sad and one happy! The happy part is that my first car delivery happened on this day and I was very happy for myself and my family for getting a good car (at last!). The happiness is still continuing and will be there in future also... Now, the sad part of the story is that on that morning I started experiencing a reduction in my left eye vision, something like some object has been placed in front of my eye and this is obstructing me to see clearly...I neglected this for sometime thinking that my normal drops will solve this issue but till evening even after many rounds of eye drops, the problem still existed...Then I rushed to a nearby eye clinic where dilatation process was done to my eyes (dilatation -> eye drops to the eyes which will ease all the muscles inside thus enabling the doctor to check the interior of our eyes clearly!) The doctor gave me a shocking news that there is a major problem in my eye where in the retina of my left eye has got detached and this requires a surgery ASAP!! As he didn't handle retina surgery, the doctor referred us to another good well-known Retina surgeon, who again confirmed the same. My family including myself were all in a state of shock hearing this news as my past 28 years had been smooth without any major troubles but suddenly a major surgery? Took some time to digest this news... On Feb 19th 2009, the surgery was done and took a marathon 2.0 hours for the operation! The doctor, who is no less than the god to me, termed the surgery as one of the major and complex surgeries he has faced! Apparently retina had 4 holes into which the Vitreous fluid had seeped in that had caused the detachment! Also, blood had entered the holes and a clot had happened, which added to the complexity in the surgery. So, the doctor had to remove the fluid and the blood clot, insert Silicone oil, use liquid Nitrogen (Cryo) to heal the holes, use Laser to fix the holes and use Scleral buckles to hold my sclera intact! 1 week of head-down position was advised most of the times including sleep so that the oil gently sets into the holes and make room for good patching. It was a pretty tough time, right from the surgery table till the 1 week post operation. Now, things are slowly getting back on track and the doctor (my demi-god) has told that the Retina has well attached to the eye/sclera and no need to worry. But getting back my vision will take some more time like 4-6 weeks and I am just waiting for the same... Really a unique journey in the past 10 days of my life...I pray god not to give this experience to anybody else...let all be fine and happy....:-)

Comments

Sum said…
Oops! So complicated...
Take care....
Anonymous said…
Hi Pradeep,

Take care and my prayers for getting well soon.

- Jagan
Leena Paul said…
Pradeep,

You will be in my prayers too.
Take care and get well soon.

Leena.
Deep said…
Hope you have recovered now buddy..

Come back to blogging scene :-)
Deeps said…
@Sum: ya it got complicated, but now ok..thanks!

@Jagan: Hi Sir, how u doing? thanks for your wishes..

@Leena: Thanks madam...long time I heard from you...thx again for your wishes!

@Deep: dude, thanks maga...yeah, this is the entry blog post surgery...vl be there :-)
Anonymous said…
Pradeep,

Great to know that you got timely attention and out of danger. Wish you a safe journey forward. Keep dreaming and enjoy.

Hebbar
Deeps said…
Thanks Hebbar for your kind wishes! Really happy to see you here..:-)

Popular posts from this blog

Kalale after 7 years and Unbelievable Bangalore-Mysore Highway!

Recap of 2010 & the Fresh 2011...