Tracking US/Canada bound flights

Yesterday my brother-in-law left to New York, USA for pursuing his MS program. He was traveling international for the first time and our own Air India (AI) was the chosen carrier. In its recent route expansion, AI has added 2 new routes to its kitty - Delhi-New York non-stop and Mumbai-New York non-stop! My bro-in-law went in the Delhi-NY flight. I wanted to know the flight info of this flight and the AI website was hardly coming up to check the status. So I had one more super website accessible and the site is: www.flightstats.com This website gives the departure and arrival info (real time) of all the flights flying in this world! Especially if the flight is from/to USA, then it has a real-time map that shows the flight path and status information, once the flight reaches US/Canada airspace!! This is just awesome! Not only this, it gives the real-time map of the Airport traffic in US/Canada and we can track any flight that is bound to / departing from these 2 countries! For instance: I was just observing the flights bound from/to JFK and here is the map giving the real-time data from this airport! Keep observing the aircraft movements and its so so so interesting!! :-)) So, I was just tracking the AI flight. It was scheduled to land at JFK Airport at 1610hrs IST / 0640hrs NY Time. So, around 1500hrs IST I opened the map and wanted to check for this flight. After 10 minutes, suddenly a small aircraft icon appeared on the map (from Canada Quebec side) and when I saw the flight details, it was the AI flight which I wanted!! :-) So, for next 1 hour I was tracking the movement and the feel of how technology has advanced is so evident and awesome!! Sitting in a place in Bangalore, I can track any flight (including its speed and altitude details!) which is flying around 10000kms away! Just mindblowing...:O) Finally, around 1625hrs IST / 0655hrs NY Time, the AI flight made a touchdown and immediately the status was updated saying 'Landed on the Runway at JFK at 0653hrs'! Whew! what an accuracy and punctuality for a 15hours non-stop flight! Super cool and hats off to the technology!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kalale after 7 years and Unbelievable Bangalore-Mysore Highway!

Recap of 2010 & the Fresh 2011...

A Unique Experience In My Life...