My All Time Fave: Back to Books...

Last month I got back / resumed my favorite activity - Reading! :-) Till last month, since I was working from a different location which required commutation to the office in my own vehicle, I had lost time to devote on my fave activity - This has happened from past 3 years but now, after coming back from Sydney in June mid, I have a chance of resuming Reading. The primary reason being my office location got changed and now I have to commute by company bus and the best part is I get nearly 45mins time in morning and 60mins time in evening - dedicated to Reading! Hurray !! :-)) From last month, I was reading one of the good monthly magazines in India - Reader's Digest (RD India) {March to July series} which fills in lot of knowledge to your mind - lot of things to be learnt! Post completion, I read "The HP Way" - written by one of the co-founders of Hewlett-Packard company - Mr. David Packard...Its very inspirational and tells how HP was built right from a small Garage to what it is currently! HP's ethics and some management principles are one of the best in the industry! One thing Mr. Packard didn't tell clearly in the book is the transformation from a "pure electronics" company to the leader in Computer and Printer business! I am still interested to know what all happened to so many products (nearly 400) that HP had built pre-1970 times. Being an employee, need to know my roots :-) Currently reading the book called "Toyota Way" - about how Toyota Motor company was built and how the management principles invented by Toyota can be used...Pretty interesting and right now done with the history of how Toyota evolved (actually its Mr. Toyoda who started this company)! Overall, good to be back with books...good books help you to forget the tension in life (and of the junk traffic! :-)) and improve your skills and probably invoke your thought process...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kalale after 7 years and Unbelievable Bangalore-Mysore Highway!

Recap of 2010 & the Fresh 2011...

A Unique Experience In My Life...