Wrong move or Right move?

Last week, i was called by my manager and asked me a small question that would affect me in a huge way! The small and simple question was: Are you ready to travel to Mumbai, for a project, for a period of 4-6months? Around 5 people are planned to be put into this project.
This was a difficult question for me, as i am 50-50 for this oppurtunity. If I look from the Work perspective, as per the inputs from my manager and other concerned people, it is really good, where you go and study an existing system, get Knowledge Transfer from the client and come back to Bangalore and start that project by setting up a team.
But the catch here is Mumbai...i would like to work in Mumbai but given my current situation where i have got a valid US Visa, i dont want to miss the oppurtunity that *may* come to me inline with my Visa! So, here is the dilemma, a 50-50 scenario for me...:(
Finally, after discussing with my parents and applying some self-thought :) and leaving the things to god and following that 'whatever happens, happens for good only', i spoke to my manager and said NO to this oppurtunity. I still know that if everything turns out well, the work would be good and when I come back, hopefully i get good recognition for the effort i put. I still know that you should not leave the oppurtunity that has come in your way but to take it as a challenge and go ahead in life! But, on the other side, i am waiting and hoping for some more greener pasture oppurtunity, whereby i get Onsite assignment (outside the country, possibly to US) and explore the same!
Still dont know whether i have stepped correctly in life or not! Only god and time can tell...
Hopefully, it turns out as a right move...just cross the fingers and hope...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kalale after 7 years and Unbelievable Bangalore-Mysore Highway!

Recap of 2010 & the Fresh 2011...

A Unique Experience In My Life...