Bad weekend...:(

This weekend was bad for me...it started off well (except my daily walking rounds oat 0515hrs), where i got up from bed royally at 0830hrs!
Post this, I went to check Emergency Light for my house (as now-a-days, there is very common power cut in bangalore) at around 1000hrs, enquired with few shops and came back. Then again, as I was feeling bored, I thought I will do some as usual 'weekend food shopping' and hence set out to (not to the usual Food World, where I am a very loyal weekly customer!) a place that I explore very rarely...so I went, shopped for half-an-hour and got Frooty 2ltrs bottle 2 cool-off this heat along with some chocos and my favourite Butterscotch Ice-cream, family pack!
Everything was going fine till now...but while i was driving back, near my house, there is a small hump but that does not look like a hump now as it has become very much levelled with the road itself. Here, I usually slow down and this day also i slowed down but applied around 40% brakes on this hump...and this resulted in me losing balance and the vehicle skidded off the road and it was a big mess...I and my vehicle got separated and after some seconds, when I got up, I was on the right side of the road and I had lot of bruises on my hands and a small abrasion on my left knee!! :(( Luckily, there was no vehicles, especially buses on that road (even to left and right) and hence I royally survived! :)
Some people rushed in for help and offered me to sit down and have water...but at that time, since i didnt feel much pain, I told them that I will move on to my house and so I did. My parents got real tensed and I went to the doc immediately and got treated with tincture for the multiple abrasions...still lots are there and slowly getting healed up....
From past 8 years, I have been driving the 2-wheelers but this was the very first time (hopefully last time too) that something like this happened...even though I drive pretty fast and pretty rashly, I am a person who follows all traffic signals and traffic rules...I usually tell my mom, who scolds me very often for driving fastly, that I am not a fast and rash driver but am a Smart driver, a driver who follows traffic signals and rules..who has road sense..:)
But this incident has left my parents worried...once everything is fine and once i get back to driving, I have to prove it again to my parents that I am not a fast/rash driver but a SMART driver! :)

Comments

Anonymous said…
hey I think these things happen just to remind us that life, despite our level of confidence and measures of security that we've built up, can still be unpredictable! :) Great luck that you were unharmed... you should consider driving slowly anyway not because of this accident alone but just like that in general. Have a look at this article

Popular posts from this blog

Kalale after 7 years and Unbelievable Bangalore-Mysore Highway!

Recap of 2010 & the Fresh 2011...

A Unique Experience In My Life...