Just after 3.5 years...

Mobile phone (or Cell phone), the word and the object which is with everyone now-a-days, in all parts of the world, touched me in December 2001. It was my first buy from 'my own' money (Yeah, I started working from Nov 2001 and soon after getting first salary, I decided to buy a cell!) and the obvious choice at that time was the low-end but superb Nokia 3310. I had paid around INR 3000/- for this cell! Then, after few months this started to malfunction and then my dad gifted me the ultra less weight phone I have ever seen (even, the market has ever seen) - Panasonic GD93! This was a very beautiful phone with color screen and good 'phone' features! After using this for 2 months, I went to China on a project and my dad continued to use the cell. He too liked it so so much. In China, I decided to go for a trendy and a small phone, which I think I paid a very hefty price of USD 400 (~ INR 19000!) (Oct 2002). This expensive set was the Nokia 8850, with its metallic cover and keys! I just loved its design - slide open to view the keypad and its small size! I used this expensive set (and flaunted it too :-)) for well above 2 years till I decided that I should get along with the change in technology and own a new hi-tech gizmo! :-) So, on the beautiful day of the new year, Jan 1st 2005, I spent half of the day roaming around different shops in Bangalore to check for the new cell. I was clear in my choice of the cell - I wanted a flip-based cell and being an ardent fan of Nokia, I wanted to continue my love for the same! Finally, I could grab in a fresh and new model of Nokia that suited my 'requirements' and that amazing handset is: Nokia 6260. I just love (am still using it!) the flip design and the features of this great cell. Kudos to Nokia team! And finally, coming to the present, I wanted to go for yet another replacement for my good old friend Nokia 6260, who has served me for 'just' more than 3.5 years. Being in Dubai, where electronic goods are considered to be 'bit cheaper' (because of no tax), me and my wife went out to buy a new cell. This time, I was in a mood to disown my loyalty of Nokia and then start a new relationship with the biggest competitor of Nokia - "Sony Ericsson". Yes, I was seriously looking for a good cell from this company and finally, after lot of search and research, we zeroed in for their good looking cell, loaded with hell lot of features - the SE k800i! I just feel totally different when I use this cell, as I am seeing and using one of the most technologically advanced cell phone, after a long 3.5 years! :-) The picture quality, the sound, the features and the design make me feel good to use this cell. And I just hope this cell will be so much loyal to me so as to beat my record of chaning the cell..:O) Wish me luck and wish me a good time with my new gizmo! :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kalale after 7 years and Unbelievable Bangalore-Mysore Highway!

Recap of 2010 & the Fresh 2011...