Fantastic day - 1st year anniversary celebrations!

Wow! the day which I had been waiting, came, passed thru and went away! It was a very good outing yesterday and a very memorable day to mark my 1st year Wedding Anniversary. Apart from we celebrating here, my parents also celebrated our wedding anniversary day, in a different way! My parents had given for an 'Abhishekham' of our home-god, in a temple near our home. They said it was very nice and things went fine. Later, as I had requested them to find out a children's ashram so that I can sponsor that whole day's food, they had given some amount to the ashram authorities and yesterday's food was a treat for those poor little kids in the ashram. I thank god for giving us enough food so as to share the food with other not-so-well people. Back here, our day began with my parents wishing us early in the morning (from the temple). We then got ready to visit the only temple in the town, to seek the Almighty's blessings. Then we had a light breakfast back at the hotel. After sometime, I had called up a taxi to take us to the Ibn Battuta mall, a big mall named after the traveler Ibn Battuta. This was the first surprise for my wife! She wanted to go to this mall for some time now. Needless to say, she was very happy! :-) Inside the mall, we roamed around and I bought a nice t-shirt for myself and then after our legs could not withstand the 'nataraja' service which we were doing, we decided to have our lunch. Lunch was a burger, veg wrap and french fries and coke! Very much influenced by Western culture :-) Back to hotel, we took rest in the evening before heading out for my big surprise to my wife! It was my dinner reservation which I had done in Taj Palace restaurant. There is an Indian restaurant by name 'Handi' inside Taj and we had been there for dinner. At first look, I was totally disgusted! Why? the ambiance inside the restaurant was very bad and I had never imagined it would be like that. Walls were empty, dull lighting, and some normal curtains made up the small dining hall. But somehow I comforted myself and waited for the food and their service. Needless to say, food and their service, the hospitality was excellent!! But the prices, wow!, way too high...but I was mentally prepared :-) For instance, a litre of water bottle costs AED 28/- ... hmmm, first time I am seeing that 1 litre water costs nearly 300 INR!! :-(( Anyways, our dinner progressed well with some paneer sabzi and rumali rotis, kulchas going inside our stomach! The service person suggested us to taste the signature food of that restaurant - the 'Handi Biryani', without which our dinner was not complete! So, we ordered it and wow! as promised by the service person, it was spicy and very very yummy!! Finally, the time came for yet another surprise and last one for my wife...It was the wedding anniversary cake that I had requested for! The cake was a small round vanilla-chocolate pastry with cashew nuts decorated at the sides. Given my hungry for sweets, this was really really delicious!! :-) I am so thankful to Taj for giving us this nice pastry as compliments from their side! My wife was amazed with how the dinner went, with all those surprises and overall how amazingly the day went!! Even I too was amazed and liked the day outing. Wish once in a week or once in a month, we have this kind of outing!! :O)
((-: Overall, Happy Wedding Anniversary dear and waiting for lot more to come!! :-))

Comments

Anonymous said…
Happy Anniversary Pradeep... God bless you and your family.

Just dropped into your blog and somehow started recollecting our college days and time spent at your place, your comp,... nostalgic...may be we are getting old.
stevenjared0853 said…
Impressed with first anniversary royal celebrations. Have booked one of sober Los Angeles venues for a family dinner on my father’s birthday next week. Bought something special for him. Hope he loves the surprise.

Popular posts from this blog

Kalale after 7 years and Unbelievable Bangalore-Mysore Highway!

Recap of 2010 & the Fresh 2011...

A Unique Experience In My Life...