All Days, Mother's Day!!

Yesterday was the much-hyped, Mother's Day, the day which is exploited more for commercial reasons than for love and affection! I didn't wish my dearest dear mother on this Mother's day! I just don't believe in these days, rather every day is a mother's day for me! Every day is the Father's day or Brother's day or Sister's day or in fact every day is a Valentine Day! :-) Why should there be one specific day, out of all the other 364 days, to wish your divine parents or to wish your lovely better-half?? Why this custom, which apparently is imported from our Big brother, the US of A? We understand that this country needs to celebrate these kind of days' because children can at least once in a year love their mom or dad or their spouse or their children. But why should this be 'celebrated' in our country where we value our parents as 'living god' or we value our spouse as 'better-half' for our entire life! So, when my mom today, on call, brought this point of yesterday's Mother's day celebration everywhere, I told her that I will not wish her but in fact, for me, every day in my life is Mother's day, Father's day, Valentine's day and any other day! :-) On the other side, I just hope the coming generation doesn't take these days seriously and wait for this particular day to wish their mom or dad or the near and dear ones, rather than showing them their love and affection every other day of their life! I just wish and hope we retain our precious culture!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kalale after 7 years and Unbelievable Bangalore-Mysore Highway!

Recap of 2010 & the Fresh 2011...

A Unique Experience In My Life...